SDI Video Input
- 1 x 10-bit SD, HD, 3 Gb/s
SDI Video Loop
- 1 x reclocked 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable.
SDI Video Output
- 2 x 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s
Analog Video Input
- 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
Analog Video Output - 1 x HDMI type A connector.
HDMI Video Input
- 1 x HDMI type A connector.
HDMI Video Output - 1 x HDMI type A conector.
Analog Audio Input - 4 x inputs of professiona balanced analog audio on DB-25 for 4 audio channels. Pinout compatible with Yamaha, Mackie, Sony and Apogee connectors.
2 x inputs of unbalanced analog audio on RCA connectors for consumer equipment.
Analog Audio Output
- 4 x outputs of professiona balanced analog audio on DB-25 for 4 audio channels. Pinout compatible with Yamaha, Mackie, Sony and Apogee connectors.
AES/EBU Audio Input
- 8 x inputs on DB-25 for 8 audio channels. Sample rate converted. Pinout compatible with Yamaha, Mackie, Sony and Apogee connectors.
AES/EBU Audio Output
- 8 x outputs on DB-25 for 8 audio channels compatible with Yamaha, Mackie, Sony and Apogee connectors.
SDI Audio Input
- 16 Channels in SD, HD and 2K. (16 channels in HD and 2K, and 8 channels in SD for capture via Thunderbolt port)
SDI Audio Output
- 16 Channels in SD, HD and 2K. (16 channels in HD and 2K, and 8 channels in SD for playback via Thunderbolt port)
HDMI Audio Input
- 8 Channels
HDMI Audio Output
- 8 Channels
Dolby Support Built-in - Dolby E/AC-3 pass through with same frame rates.
Dolby Support Optional - None
Timecode Input - None
Timecode Output - None
Multi Rate Support - SDI, HDMI and component analog video connections ate switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI.
- Blackburst in SD or Tri-Sync in HD.
- Sony compatible RS-422 deck control port. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Thunderbolt port for capture and playback of video and audio.
- USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration.
Processor Interface - Illuminated pushbuttons, status LEDs and LCD with easy onscreen menus.
Power - 1 x built-in internacional AC power supply with IEC C14 inlet. 100-240V, 50-60Hz.
- 1 x 12V DC military grade port can be used for external battery power and/or failover redundancy with optional "brick" DC adapter.
SD Format Support - 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23 NTSC.
Format Support - 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080p50, 1080i59.94 and 1080p59.94.
2K Format Support - 2048 x 1080PsF23.98, 2048 x 1080p23.98, 2048 x 1080PsF24 and 2048 x 1080p24.
SDI Compliance - SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372, SMPTE 425M
SDI Metadata Support - ITC/ATC support, SMPTE 12M. Video indexing support including WSS, RP186 and AFD, SMPTE 2016. Closed captioning support for conversions to and frm 608 and 708, SMPTE 334M. (Capture and playback via Thunderbolt port supports RP188, VANC using up to 3 lines of video in file including closed captioning).
Audio Sampling - Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit
Video Sampling - 4:2:2 SDI
Color Precision - 10-bit
Color Space - REC 601, REC 709
HD-SDI 3D Support - None
HDMI Configuration - HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
HDMI Resolution - Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
HDMI 3D Support - None
SDI Format Support - 525 NTSC, 625 PAL, 720HD, 1080HD and 2K 2048 x 1080 switchable.
Analog Component - NTSC/PAL 10-bit and 16x Over-sampled Output. HD 10-bit and 4x Over-sampled Output.
HDMI Color Precision - 4:2:2 10-bit
Protection - HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI
sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or
distribution of content.
Aspect Ratio Conversion - Real time variable and fixed aspect ratio conversion including proprietary "SMART" aspect.
Real Time Video Processing - Includes noise reduction, cadence detection with insertion/removal and cadence correction, scene cut detection, color correction, and proc amp control.
Real Time 3D Processing - None
Real Time Effects during playback on a computer with ThunderboltT technology - Apple Final Cut ProT internal effects. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer 6T internal effects.
Format Conversion - Real time up conversion, down conversion, cross conversion and SD/HD standards conversion on capture.
Colorspace Conversion - Hardware based real time.
Blackmagic Drivers Extra
Software Included - Desktop Video software installs Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic system preferences and Blackmagic driver for video capture and playback via the converter's Thunderbolt port.
Blackmagic UltraScope software for waveform monitoring from the converter's Thunderbolt port.
Installation - Connected via a Thunderbolt cable (not included) to computers with Thunderbolt technology for video capture and playback.
Software Control - Software control utility included free for changing settings via Windows 7 and Mac OS X.
Internal Software Upgrade - Automatically upgrades when new software is connected via USB 2.0.
Physical Installation - 1 rack unit size. Less than 6 inches deep.
Product Warranty 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.